- EC911 is committed to providing excellent, professional and integrated emergency dispatch services to meet the unique needs of rural Alberta, at a sustainable cost.
- We will remain flexible and adaptive to meet changing needs in the dispatch environment. We will work with our communities to the betterment of all emergency services and the citizens we serve. We will follow technologies and invest responsibly in them to enhance these services.
- The safety of our Employees, Emergency Service workers and the citizens we serve is our highest priority.
- Quality control processes are in place.
- We will embrace transparency and be completely accountable in our processes and in our actions.
- We will foster teamwork and partnerships at every opportunity.
- We will investigate all internal and external complaints to resolve issues, adjust processes and facilitate excellent inter-personal communications.
- We will responsibly deliver professional, efficient and cost effective service.
- We will create “better value” and seek to develop new services for our members.
- We will responsibly grow the business to the point where our resources are fully exercised but not unduly burdened.
- We will seek to expand our service area.
- Regularly communicate with all stakeholders to adapt protocols that meet client emergency dispatch needs.
- Develop staffing processes and strategies that encourage teamwork in the Dispatch Centre.
- Investigate all new technologies, monitor their appropriate application under our circumstances and seek to incorporate, if of discernible value.
- Continue working on a sustainable succession plan for both Operational and Administrative Staff.
- Grow the Organization to 60,000 members within a 5-year period.
- Keep service rates and membership requisitions competitive.
- To continue to enhance communication with our emergency service providers.
- Rollout our current Alarm Monitoring and Afterhours services to the entire membership.
- Make available work-alone safeguards to all Municipal memberships.
- To adhere to the Alberta Emergency 911 Act and approved Alberta 911 Standards.
Strategic Action Programs
- Admin is to engage all neighbouring jurisdictions in the interest of fostering new business relations before end of 2018.
- The Board of Directors (BOD) will engage and communicate with other elected officials in the interest of promoting our services.
- The BOD and Admin will engage the media to promote public awareness.
- To maintain a highly-trained Dispatch staff.